In this discussion, our Director of Education, Jamie Utt, leads a Q & A session with elementary school educator and mother of two Amy Lewis. Being that one of her children is touched by autism, she offers up some very real concerns to which all parents can relate. The exchange between her and Jamie produces some incredibly valuable insights.
At the end of the video, Amy graciously offers up some tips to all parents on how to align with educators to ensure their children reach their full potential, socially and academically.
In this video, you will learn:
1. What steps parents of children with special needs can take to prevent their child from being bullied.
2. How to keep the lines of communication open with your child and make sure the shame of being bullied does not block the flow of information.
3. How pervasive body image issues are in young women and it’s connection to bullying.
4. Ways to transform your child from being a bystander to acting as an UPstander.
5. Strategies for engaging young children about diversity that are accessible to them.
6. From an educators perspective, what steps parents can take to ensure they children are safe at school.